If you're ready to swing for the fences, to go big or go home, you will need a game plan. For your business, your dating life, your dreams to come true.
Leaping like-you-mean-it (LYMI) is about intention. This is not the time to create a 10-page manifesto. Be clear about what you want and go after it. Here's my top 5 for how to do just that.
- Want it so bad you can taste it. Got big dreams? Good. Getting there may take some hurdles. You'll be ready for them if you can keep your eye on what you want, and why you want it so badly.
- Change your diet. Lay off the negative self-talk. Remove the "shoulds" from your vocabulary, and fill your day with positive reinforcement, including people who believe in you.
- Say it with me. Tell people your goal, talk to the bathroom mirror and your houseplants. Hear yourself say it aloud. Watch out for words like "someday" and "maybe" which say you aren't ready. Instead say: "I am..."
- Assemble your A-team. Right this minute think of three people who would help you in a heartbeat. When you ask them, be clear about what you want - to brainstorm ideas, introductions into their network, moral support when you hit a roadblock, etc.
- See it happening. It may take a while to hit the jackpot, but I assure you that it will happen. Track even the smallest wins along the way. Seeing your progress will encourage you to keep going.
What you want is possible. I believe it. The more you do, the closer you are to making it real.
This post appeared today over at Sisarina as part of their Life Simplified series. It's also a complement to my live and leap like-you-mean-it (LYMI) series of guest blogs this month. Do you have a story to share?